Sunday, December 2, 2007

Just a quickee update from BRXX

Well, there's the event itself, and then there's Sir and I and the time we're spending together. Eventually I may write about some of it (and I might even back up and write a post about the other amazing evening I alluded to here earlier.)

But for the moment, it's Sunday, the last of the workshops have ended, and all that's left is the final dungeon and party. We decided to stay the extra night, so we're still here. The event is slowly winding down, and at midnight, we'll all disappear off to our rooms to eek out whatever we can before checking out tomorrow, leaving what's left to the staff and volunteers to load and finish.

As with every event, major THANK YOUs go out to those who work so hard to make it all possible.

For us, it's mostly been a good weekend, ideas to chew on, and a real milestone; Sir cut me with a knife last night for the first time. It's not only the first time he's cut me, it's the first time he's cut anyone. My right shoulder hurts in the most wonderful of ways, and I'm wearing his marks.

In that alone, I am so happy.

(And in such a headspace!) I'm deeply honoured.

So for that alone, I'll always remember BR XX. Important things happened between us here.

Perhaps I'll try to take a stab at writing the real post later, after we're home.

2 comments:

maymay said...

Hmm, I don't think I had the pleasure of seeing our paths cross at BR. Interestingly, a first-time cutting was planned for me, too, though in the end I canceled it rather ungracefully. Glad to hear it was such a positive experience for you! That makes me ever more curious about cuttings. :)

Habu said...

Nope, far as I know, I didn't see you. Maybe one of these days, one of these events. It's always neat to meet other THINKING people.

As for cuttings, if the timing wasn't right, the mood wasn't right, whatever, it's better to wait. Knowing yourself well enough to say 'not now' a good thing. Under the right circumstances, it can be a very intimate thing.

If I get my act together, I may try to write about the experience. For the moment, though, I'm STILL kind of in 'post event' head.